If you provide contract services to your clients and customers, contractor invoice template is your routine matter. Using smartly designed Word invoice templates, it becomes easier to manage monthly or session based billing process. Templates are meant to avoid repetitive struggle for producing similar things every time.
Contractor Invoice Template
In professional services, companies prefer to work and payoff bills over invoicing and therefore following a consistent format for your invoices is very important for being professional. Once you issue an official bill using invoicing templates, it is considered everywhere and there are no doubts about its authenticity. Anyways, let’s take a look on how you can create a general contractor invoice that works with any form of services under your company tag.
Format of Contractor Invoice
Based on the nature of business or type of services that you contract, the format of contractor invoice varies. May be you are a logistic contractor so your costing unit will be distance and transport expenses. Similarly for a construction contractor, costing units will be raw materials used per square meter or feet. Whatever the nature of business, there is a general layout that implies to all sorts of contractor billing and the idea behind these invoice is almost the same. Here we state the format for a general contractor’s billing format which can be altered according to need;
- Open a plain Word document and entitle it with your company name
- Write company’s header information like contact details and address
- Write invoice number and client’s name to whom this invoice is issue
- Mention the date below this, on the right side of invoice
- Then draw a table of details of deliverables and their costs
- In the first column, write the sequence number of product or services that you provided
- Next to this column, write per unit price that you offered to the customer or client
- And last column should be for the total amount
- At the bottom of total amount’s column, draw section for subtotal and taxes which are applicable
You can also draw section for any special value in case of any charges or other fees are included based on your business nature or the model of working which you are following.
Benefits of Using Word Invoice Templates
There are multiple benefits of using ready templates. In case of small businesses, it might not be a big concern. But in case of large businesses where regular billing and accounts keeping is a hectic job, these ready templates not only resolve on saving daily effort but also reduce time of official account keeping by providing a ready draft which is just needed to be updated with its values. Remember, besides the data in the template, its format, layout and presentation also matters in professional working. Let’s look some of the shiny benefits of using word invoice templates which no one can deny;
- You don’t have to create same margin lines, blocks and sections again and again
- You don’t have to keep the burden of formatting on your head
- It becomes easier to track the record of transactions through digital billing copies
- These templates allow you to instantly generate large bills simply by putting updated amount.
Like all other types of services, consultancy services are also paid and invoiced to clients. Consultant invoice template are often used by services providing companies to generate their bills and keeping the payment track. Excel invoice templates are very helpful and time saving especially when you have plenty of clients and regular billing framework. Though it can be particular to any certain action of business, off-channel working or personal projects or maybe general consultancy excluding actions.
Consultant Invoice Template Excel
The format of template would definitely matter on the types of consultancies being provided to the client and nature of agreement between both parties however there are some generic measures that you need to adapt while creating an excel templates.
General Format of Consultant Invoice Template
Like common practice, invoice starts with client’s name and business address. You can also write other details such contact details and business headline for client referencing. Basic cost parameter is usually per hour in case of consultant services. Therefore, it is considered as unit price. Let’s take a look on how you can create a basic yet professional consultant invoice to charge monthly or session wise billing to your clients;
- Open Excel spreadsheet and select a title name such as consultant invoice
- On the left side, name a cell as “To” and enter the name of client side
- Below this cell, name another cell as “From” and enter your company’s name
- Draw a separation line and create a square cell by merging at least cells
- Enter invoice number and session number relevant to the client
- Create a large cell and draw 3 columns in it
- Name the first column for date of consultancy session
- Name second one for description of each session held on particular date
- And the late one for rate per hour decided between both sides
- Also create the cell of total at the end of hour rate column
Once you complete all these, create a horizontal cell to add agreement note and its clauses. Then create cells for signature of issuer. Also create a section for payee’s signature in the end also.
Benefits of Using Excel Invoice Templates
In every business, billing is the regular process and part of routine. Hence spending time on creating bills with same format and different amounts isn’t a smarter approach. You can save your precious time and gently design your permanent Excel invoicing templates once at for a while. These templates will not only save your time but will maintain consistency in your invoicing. Every time you need to generate a new bill, just open the template, update details and mail them to the client.
These templates will also help you in keeping a track of invoices issued to particular client with sequential invoice number. On each invoice, you can add multiple sessions of consultancy regardless of order, but yeah keep the dates proper.
A construction company invoice template list all the work you have completed for the company and the charging price. The construction invoice templates help you to avoid paperwork. This template can save your time and you can do things in a good way. You send construction invoice to your client so both of you have a record of price and work.
Construction Company Invoice Template
Construction business needs much to get done every day. This will make your business run smoother. The construction invoice makes it easier at the end to calculate how much profit your business is. By using this you can make sure that you receive a reasonable amount from your client in time. This Construction invoice template is simple to use, quick to create and completely professional.
The top left box includes details of the company:
- Company Name: You will write complete name of your company here.
- Address: Input complete address of your company.
- Fax Number: Write active fax number.
- Phone Number: Phone number of your company so your clients can contact you if they have a problem.
- Email: Email address of your company.
Construction Invoice Details
An invoice is a bill from seller to buyer and verifies the agreement between them of the goods or services.
- Invoice Number: Invoice number ensures proper documentation of charges. It is a unique code to keep track of each payment. For example, the first invoice number of 2017 could be 170001 and second would be 170002.
- Reference: A reference number related to this invoice only.
- Date: The date on which invoice is issued to the client. It is usually the same day when you send the good.
Here you input the name of your client or customer. And write the accepted billing period your company uses. Billing period can be weekly, monthly, semi-annual and yearly.
- Description: Write the complete detail of the product. Making the description more detail will make them feel better as they can see the complete details of things.
- Rate: You will input the rate of your product here.
- Quantity: Quantity of each product.
- Amount: This represents the details of the total amount for a product by multiplying the rate of a product with its quantity. The amount is a brief description of every product transactions.
Total Invoice Amount
The total includes a subtotal of all amounts, profit and overheads, total taxable amount, sales tax charges in percentage, other levies and then the total of all these is written below.
The last two boxes are of signature and comment. An authorized person will sign in the signature box. In comment or notes box, you will write some important notes or comments if necessary.